Given the current high temperatures forecast in parts of the UK we would like to remind all contractors using Cure It during this time that the hardener should always be kept cool and out of direct sunlight. If storing hardener in a van, ensure that it is parked in the shade.
- Check temperatures and do not use Cure It above 35 degrees.
- Keep Resins, Topcoat, Hardener and Acetone in the shade or indoors out of direct sunlight.
- Use Extra Slow Hardener to achieve better working times in high temperatures.
- Mix smaller batches to allow enough time to apply materials in high temperatures, plus helps working at an even pace instead of working fast in high temperatures.
- Let the surface temperature after laminating cool down before applying topcoat to achieve best working time.
- Work in short runs and take regular breaks in the shade if possible and take regular water breaks to stay hydrated.
- Protect yourself especially parts of the body exposed by applying sun cream regularly throughout the day.
- Know the warning signs of heat exhaustion which can involve heavy sweating, rapid pulse, dizziness, goose bumps, muscle cramps and headaches.